What is RSS?
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) provides an easy way for you to read the latest postings to your favorite Web sites. Many Web sites offer RSS Feed subscriptions so that whenever new content is published, such as an updated news article, you receive a summary or the full article automatically.
How does this help me with QF?
To receive real time updates from Dr. Calhoun’s Blog, please subscribe to the RSS feed of your choice below. You can subscribe through your favorite news reading application on your smartphone (Feedly, Yahoo New Digest, etc), or through your internet browser or even through your mail client. This way you’re always up to date with what’s going in the market and prepared for your next quiz.
URLs for RSS feeds:
Add a new RSS feed to Feedly
- Install Feedly on your smartphone
- Follow the instructions shown here: http://blog.feedly.com/2013/04/10/adding-new-feeds-to-your-feedly/
Add a RSS Feed to your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- Click on the URL for your class (listed at the top of this page). Your browser will automatically prompt you to subscribe.
- Click on “Subscribe to this feed” in the yellow box at the top of the resulting page
Add an RSS Feed through Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 or Internet explorer
Please see the instructions below:
Add an RSS Feed through the Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Account Settings dialog box
- On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
- On the RSS Feeds tab, click New.
- In the New RSS Feed dialog box, type or press CTRL+V to paste the URL of the RSS Feed. For example, https://gcalhoun.wordpress.com/category/401/feed/.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
To subscribe to RSS feeds in Mail on a Mac (OS 10.7 Mountain Lion and below) :
- Open Mail
- Choose File > Add RSS Feeds or click the Add (+) button at the bottom of the sidebar, and then choose Add RSS Feeds.
- Browse and select a feed you’ve bookmarked in Safari, or enter or paste the URL of a new feed.
To search feeds you’ve bookmarked in Safari, start typing in the search field. To select from a list of bookmarked feeds, Shift-click to select feeds that are next to each other in the list; Command-click to select feeds that are not next to one another.
If you want RSS feeds to be included in your Inbox, click “Show in Inbox.”
4. Click Add.